To publicly recognize the importance and work of school nurses by annually honoring one School Nurse of the Year from Colorado who has demonstrated excellence in school nursing practice and leadership in school health.
Colorado Association of School Nurses
Nominee must be:
- A registered professional nurse.
- A member of CASN for the current and preceding two years. The preceding two years must be continuous (without lapse in membership).
Suggested Guidelines for Colorado School Nurse of the Year
- Nominee should have five years’ experience as a school nurse and is currently practicing as a school nurse.
- More than 50% of nominee’s time should be spent in direct care.
- Evidence of excellence in school nursing practice is judged by the nominee’s abilities in the areas of Leadership, Teamwork, Vision, Community Partnership and Innovation. Reference: School Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice 3rd Edition, 2017.
How to Submit an Application
All applications must be submitted on-line. No other mode of application will be accepted. Nominations may be submitted by another nurse, a principal, a director or a parent.