Members of the Colorado Association of School Nurses (CASN) are also members of the National Association of School Nurses (NASN) and have full benefits of NASN.
CASN is represented by approximately 500 members.
CASN is the 15th largest professional state school nurse organization in the United States.
CASN’s current membership cost, including the NASN membership, is $165.00. Members can choose an automated quarterly payment option, which has an additional $5.00 processing fee spread equally over four payments.
CASN receives $64.50 from each payment of $165.00 to NASN for CASN and NASN membership (as of September 2019).
CASN sponsors an annual three-day conference the first weekend in November. Topics are related specifically to the specialty practice of school nursing.
CASN offers educational scholarships and grants; Bertie Eby award, and Educational Grants.
CASN is an all-volunteer organization with the exception of an administrative assistant (.5 FTE paid).
- Executive Board: Members meet a minimum of 6 times a year(4 via telephone;2 in person)
- Full Board: Members meet a minimum of 6 times a year(4 via telephone; 2 in person)
- Conference Committee: Members meet an average of twice per month
- Legislative Committee: Members currently meet on a PRN basis, includes a professional lobbyist
- Educational Committee: in Development, will oversee Conference committee when completed
- Area Representative Committee: Members meet once a month using remote access
CASN addresses local and national legislative issues influencing student health and academic achievement.
CASN’s ongoing expenses include: (treasures report available upon request):
- Frontline Public Affairs - Lobbyist
- Administrative Assistant Meredith Urbani (.5 FTE)
- Liability insurance
- Post office box
- Travel and lodging to Washington, DC for the CASN Director so that he/she can participate and represent CASN during the NASN Board of Directors meeting (x2/annually)
- Travel, lodging and conference registration for the incoming CASN President and NASN Director to participate in transitional leadership training events during the annual NASN conference
- Black Tie conference registration services